Holi is just a few days away and while everyone is busy planning how to color their near and dear ones, Dr. Joydeep Ghosh, Consultant Internal Medicine at Fortis Hospitals Anandapur has put down a few points to note for the public.
- Eat a heavy breakfast before venturing out to play Holi
- Cover your body as much as possible
- Apply sunscreen or oil on the exposed body parts. This will help you get rid of the colours.
- Prefer natural colours or ‘Abir’ while playing Holi. Avoid harsh artificial colours as they are loaded with chemicals.
- Bathe immediately after you are done playing Holi. Do not let the colours be in contact with your skin for long.
- Keep colours out of reach of eyes and mouth. Be careful when applying colours on others as well.
- Avoid playing Holi after consumption of intoxicants.
-Dr. Joydeep Ghosh
Consultant Internal Medicine
Fortis Hospitals, Anandapur