Uber, the world’s largest on-demand ridesharing company, has released the third edition of The Uber Lost & Found Index, a snapshot of frequently forgotten items, the most forgetful cities, as well as the days of the week and times of the year Uber riders tend to report items as lost in India.
While Bengaluru has bagged the title of the most forgetful city in the country for third time in a row, Delhi and Mumbai have ranked as the second and third most forgetful cities. Backed by rider insight and captivating data, the Lost and Found index aims to educate riders in a fun yet informative manner about Uber’s in-app options available to them at the tap of a button, in case they lose something in during their trip/ride.
Here’s a quick guide and video for riders looking for “Lost Items”:
- Tap on “Menu” icon
- Tap “Your Trips” and select the trip where you left something
- Tap “Report an issue with this trip”
- Tap “I lost an item”
- Tap “Contact my driver about a lost item”
- Scroll down and enter the phone number you would like to be contacted at. Tap submit.
- If you lost your personal phone, enter a friend’s phone number instead.
- Your phone will ring and connect you directly with your driver’s mobile number.
- If your driver picks up and confirms that your item has been found, coordinate a mutually convenient time and place to meet for its return to you.
- If you are unable to connect with the driver, use ‘in-app support’ to report the loss and Uber Support Team will step in to help you
Over the last year, we’ve seen objects including phones, cameras and bags top the list of items left in Ubers across India, followed by utility items like wallets, keys, clothing, and umbrellas rounding off the top ten. Besides leaving the usuals behind – they’re forgetting everything from knee pads, gold chains, baby prams,ukuleles, live fish and more.
Below is the snapshot of insights from Uber Lost & Found Index India:
10 Most Frequently Forgotten Items in Uber – India
- phone / camera
- backpack / bag / folders / box / luggage
- wallet / purse
- water bottle / bottle / thermos
- phone charger
Most Outrageous Items Forgotten in Ubers in India
- Knee pad
- Aluminium Storage Shelf
- Gold Chain
- Car Health check monitor
- Hotspot device
- Baby Pram
- Milk Sachets
- Yellow Toy Car
- Live Fish
- Bunch of banana
- Yoga mat
Most Forgetful Cities in India
Most common days of the week to report items as Lost
Saturday and Sunday
Most popular times of day to lose items:
People are most likely to forget an item between 1PM – 3PM
Most forgetful days in 2018
- 1st September 2018
- 9th June 2018
- 2nd September 2018
- 15th July 2018
- 8th September 2018